Find out if you are eligible to submit an Expression of Interest.
Non-profit and volunteer-based organizations that are listed as “Active” in the Alberta Non-Profit Listing and incorporated in good standing under one of the following Acts in Alberta are eligible to submit an Expression of Interest:
- Societies Act of Alberta;
- Companies Act, Part 9 (Not-for-profit companies);
- Agricultural Societies Act;
- Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act and must be registered in Alberta under the federal Business Corporations Act;
- Special Act of the Alberta Legislature;
- Special Act of the Parliament of Canada; or
- Registered Charities under the Income Tax Act of Canada
Please visit the Alberta Non-Profit Listing to review for eligibility. Eligible organizations are listed under the following legal entity types:
- Alberta Society;
- Non-profit Private or Non-profit Public Company;
- Agricultural Society;
- Extra-Provincial Non-Profit Corporation; or
- Private Act Non-Profit Corporation
Or, visit the Government of Canada Charities List. Eligible organizations are listed under the status:
If your organization is not listed on the Alberta Non-Profit Listing but is incorporated under one of the Acts above, additional documentation may be required. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
All interested non-profits organizations that meet the above eligibility criteria must either own their own facility or provide proof of payment of utility bills and have the ability and permission to implement energy efficiency retrofits in their facility. If your organization does not own the facility it operates from, please email email@example.com for further instructions.